Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on August 17th 2017
A Level Results 2017
Other outstanding individual Year 13 performances include:
- Afsana Begum, studied Government & Politics, History and Religious Studies, achieving AA*A. She is planning on going SOAS to study Politics and History.
- Fatima Khan studied Art & Design, Economics and Mathematics, achieving A*BA. Fatima is planning on studying Engineering and Architectural Design at UCL.
- Shaya Tiyana Small studies English Literature, Psychology and Sociology, achieving ABA*. Shaya is planning on studying Psychology at University of Leicester.
- Eleanor Rose Duplock studied English Literature, History and Sociology, achieving AAA*,and will be going to LSE to study Social Policy.
- Milda Smaizyte studied English Literature, Psychology and Sociology, achieving AAB and will be going to Goldsmiths to study Forensic Psychology.
In total, 13.5% of students attained A*-A and 36% attained A*-B. The average grade attained by students in their A levels was a C grade, and Distinction + for vocational subjects. Nearly all students secured their chosen place at university, a triumphant result given our students come from one of the most socially deprived areas in London.
Executive Principal Rebecca Hickey stated, 'It is a fantastic achievement for Asmaa to have achieved an Oxford University place, and testament to her hard work and dedication. I am very proud of the quality of our students' results across a very broad range of subjects. We wish them all the very best of luck in their university careers.'
Jerin Anisah Abddin – Studied Economics, History and Psychology achieving A*AB. Jerin is planning on studying Law at Queen Mary University.
Serina Kaur Sanger – Studied Drama, Eng Literature and History achieving AAA. Serina is planning on studying American and Canadian Literature, History and Culture at the University of Nottingham.